Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Elegant Simplicity

I was lucky enough to get the chance to make wedding cakes for a few really wonderful couples over the summer. Both of these brides wanted to go with a more traditional cake with an ivory buttercream frosting and fresh flowers supplied by their florists.
Linda really loves anything Southwestern so she wanted her flowers and cake to reflect those colors- teal, rust and purple. I made the buttercream to look a little like stucco and then placed the cake on a cake plateau for the height.

I also had the pleasure of attending Linda & Jon's wedding. It was a beautiful reception site in a castle- very romantic. We danced the night away and had a blast before it was time to leave and wish the newlyweds luck as they headed off to Switzerland.
Congratulations Linda & Jon!


I also had the pleasure of working with one of the most easy going brides I have ever met, Jill. Jill, wanting to keep things simple, asked that I made an ivory cake with a brown ribbon around the bottom of each tier.
(I wasn't able to get a picture of the cake with the flowers on it because the florist hadn't arrived at the reception hall by the time I was finished with my set up. They were placed on the cake by the chef. )
This just in: Jill emailed me this morning with pictures of her and her husband cutting their cake and a close up of the beautiful couple on their day. The funny thing is, that I have actually never met either of them so it was great to finally be able to put faces with the emails and cake! I will try to update (with Jill's permission of course) a couple of other pictures from their day so you can see the finished cake with the flowers.
Congratulations, Jill & Bobby!!!

0 comments: